This project encompasses the technical design, implementation and deployment of a social experiment website. Visitors to the site will be able to browse and vote (yay or nay) through the posts created by registered members. A post is centered around a photo which the member uploads and annotates (tagging functionality similar to flickr).
Following this initial project, we intend to continue the development work through enhancements, extensions (e.g. iPhone and Facebook apps) and fine tuning of existing features and user experience. We therefore seek to form a long term relationship with the elected developer to ensure smooth continuity and beneficial success.
1. Posts are displayed in descending order of when they were created and segmented by category using tabs
2. Top voted post featured on the side.
3. Search posts, annotations and authors
4. Weekly article by the editor
5. Tag cloud based on photo annotations, post titles, comments and registered members’ bios
6. Latest 10 comments
7. Login, Logout, Register, Lost password and edit profile functionality
8. RSS for new posts, weekly articles and comments
1. Create a new post
2. Upload a photo and allow to scale and crop
3. Add one or more annotations (tags) to the photo (similar to Flickr)
4. Annotation will have an auto-complete functionality to increase consistency.
5. Members can edit or delete their posts.
6. Visitors and registered member can comment on posts
7. Anti-Spam for comments
8. All visitors can vote Yay or Ney on posts
9. View posts by author, category, tag word
1. Registered members can edit their profile
2. Count each time a member visits and keep last visit date and time
Ads & Marketplace
1. Ad placement
2. Advertisement click tracking
3. Click-to-buy link within photo annotations
1. Secure login for administrators
2. Add new pre-defined annotations (tags)
3. Edit member’s annotations, specifically those that are free-form into pre-defined annotations.
4. View and edit all registered members’ information
5. Disable members
6. Moderate new posts and comments before published to the site
7. Gracefully handle conflicts when multiple administrators are editing posts, comments and member information.
8. Add, edit and delete pre-defined photo annotations (tags)
9. Assign and manage click-to-buy links for each annotation (tag)
10. Manage advertisement and placement
11. Member reports – # total members, #joined today, #joined past week, #joined past month
12. Visitor reports – #total guests visits today, past week, past month
13. Posts reports – #total posts, breakdown by category for #posts today, past week and past month
Site Layout and design
We will provide the site’s visual design and layout. This will include typography, logos/bitmaps, colour scheme and navigation. We expect instances where we will need the developer help to fine tune navigation and layout as a result of functionality behavior and technical constraints. The developer will develop the appropriate CSS files.
Miscellaneous Design Considerations
1. Preparation for data mining of annotations, bios, posts, comments and user profiles
2. Preparation for member-specific targeted advertisement based on their posts’ and profile data
3. Design should allow for future integration with a custom iPhone application (allow registered members to create posts, with photo, directly from the iPhone).
4. Design should allow for future integration with a Facebook application.
Start late April 2009 and complete within 5 weeks.
Week 1 – technical design and documentation for review
Week 2 – joint review and finalizing of the design
Week 3-4 – Implementation
Week 5 – testing & bug correction
We will perform limited testing in-house but will let friends and family to do the lion share of the testing for a period of 2 months. During this time, we expect that any bugs would be corrected within 2 to 5 business days.
We expect full technical support for an agreed upon duration (preferably 6 months)
At the conclusion of the project we expect detailed technical specification of the developed solution. Prior to that time, we require enough documentation to conduct a meaningful joint review and sign off of the design (during week 2 as mentioned above).
1. 150,000 visitors per day
2. 50 requests/second
3. 100,000 registered members
4. 300,000 images
5. built on PHP framework, mySQL over Linux OS
web development project
When bidding, please support your bid with why your company can accomplish the job effectively and quality with direct relevance to requirements and needs of my project. Generic bids will not be taken seriously!
70 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 5412 $ tähän työhön
We have been developing social networking websites and similar websites like [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] Lisää