Project: A Small CakePHP Troubleshooting Project #17
The goal for this project is to update the supplied CakePHP 1.3 project with a few specific fixes. The completed result from this project will be a few specified fixes to the project with Before/After text showing which files were changed and where the changes were made. It will only be necessary to fix a few sample problems, not the entire project. I just need to see how the fixes should be made, and I will take care of making the rest of the changes throughout the project.
Within this project, the only form which needs modified is the contacts_modified form. Ignore the rest of the forms.
[url removed, login to view] - The MySQL database schema, including data.
[url removed, login to view] - The existing functional CakePHP 1.3 project.
Setup and Navigation:
1) Install the MySQL database schema by running the [url removed, login to view] file.
2) Install the [url removed, login to view] project into your web directory. For my testing I am using MAMP, but you may use any suitable web server you have available.
The CakePHP project in my configuration is: htdocs/core2_modified
3) Configure your /?/app/config/[url removed, login to view] file for your own MySQL database connection, or really any database you choose to use.
4) The extjs 4 folder should be at the top-level of your htdocs directory, as this is where it is referenced.
5) To view the standard CakePHP web application page (to validate the database connection), use this URL in your web browser:
For my testing, I am using Safari, but any modern browser should work fine.
6) To view the main CakePHP page for this application, use this URL in your web browser:
See attached file for detailed task list.
[url removed, login to view]