We're looking for a SIMILAR project that was recently bidded on with a few caveats:
We have an existing E-Commerce website created in OsCommerce with a few contributions installed. One item that is being used is the "Discount Coupon Codes" add-on that we will still need or a similar discount code system to be used with this new project.
We attempted to use the CCGV(trad) Module, but really dislike the way that it works.
HOW IT WORKS NOW:
1. User buys a pre-determined gift card amount.
2. User checks out.
3. User is given credit under My Account for gift voucher.
4. User has to go under My Account, click Send Gift Certificate, enter a recipient and then choose an Amount to send (giving the ability to send LESS than the amount purchased, but why would anyone want to do this?)
5. Recipient comes to the website to redeem gift certificate.
HOW WE WOULD LIKE IT TO WORK:
1. This can be listed as an item in the store.
2. User could enter ANY amount between $5-$500. instead of having preset gift certificate amounts.
3. User enters the recipient name, senders name, email and a small message before adding to cart.
4. User checks out.
5. Upon successful checkout, gift certificate email (HTML formatted with design that we will template) along with random cert number is sent to recipient along with user's message. NO APPROVAL PROCESS BY ADMIN is required. Embedded link as well as plain text code should be in the email.
1. Validate form - If the amount is below or above $5-$500 will create an ajax overlay page advising the user to enter a valid amount with close button. Same if any of the required fields are not filled in. There will be 2 other required fields for email address to send cert to as well as name cert is being sent to. If an ajax overlay too difficult then we're ope to other error feedback ideas such as an alert popup.
2. Admin tool - We want the ability to create & send a gift cert as well as tracking which certs have been purchased, their code etc.
3. No shipping applied on this specific product. We currently have a no shipping charge rule on anything without weight so this shouldn't be an issue.
4. Coupon codes cannot be used for purchasing this product but may be used upon checkout with coupon code. If we still continue to use the same "Discount Coupon Codes" add-on then we have the ability to have their gift cert item to be exempt.
5. Gift Cert balance - Recipient can check their balance under the "my account" page.
6. Not enough funds - On checkout payment page, If gift cert is less than amount in cart a dialog or ajax popup will appear letting the user know the amount they're trying to use & to let them know to add a credit card for the remaining balance. (please note that we also have an external link to paypal as a payment option but are open to having this option disabled with the coupon code as long as we have an ajax or other dialog popup advising the user when they choose this as the payment method.)
1. We obviously cannot give access to the live site due to security reasons & would like to test out the system before going live. We can however provide all backend files for you to download, modify & test keeping in mind that we need our current customizations to continue function as well as our design.
2. We will need the complete new/modified files along with SQL query to create any tables that will be necessary.
3. Documentation. We will need a list of new files along with which files have been modified. Would prefer for you to send files just as though we were installing a contribution where as the directory structure is similar to a standard oscommerce ms2 installation.
Things you may want be aware of:
1. We are using the PayPal Website Payments Pro U.S. API
2. We are using 3 shipping options. Table rate for standard shipping, & 2 flat rate amounts for overnight & 3 day delivery.
If you wish to propose any further functionality we may have overlooked or if you have any other questions please let us know.
We're new to getafreelancer but looking to start outsourcing a few projects. We would like to establish a long-term relationship with a developer and continuing to work on future projects if this one goes well. If you need any references from us, please let us know. We're based in the US but are open to working with our global community of web 2.0 developers. Thanks.
One additional caveat: We will not be able to use the "download" option in the backend to enable no shipping charges on this product (when weight is null or 0). It must have no shipping charges some other way of your choosing.
Reason: We use the weight field to display the product weight or volume details for each product & client does not want a weight value assigned for products that does not require a weight display. Currently, if the weight field is 0 or null, it does not show up at all on the front end & we would like to keep it this way.
9 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi! I'm a PHP programmer and OSCommerce specialist. I'd really like to get this project. Please visit [login to view URL] [login to view URL] Best Regards
I can provide the service you need. I have already created this contribution in oscommerce: [login to view URL] I can customize/modify it any way you like, since I created it.