We'll be providing all the front-end work: XHTML, CSS, and jQuery (we're using the latest jQuery and jQuery UI). You'll be providing the back-end glue that will make everything work. We want the code to follow an MVC approach to make the front-end easier to update down the line.
Although our user interface will look substantially different and behave slightly differently, we are looking to use 6zap's ([url removed, login to view]) calendar system as base (unless you can provide a strong case otherwise). We don't need the e-mail or messaging functionality of 6zap, just the calendar.
Specifically, here's what we will need:
- A calendar with day and month view that supports multiple staff, each with their own distinct appointments/events.
- The day view will have columns for every staff member.
- The month view will be a typical grid calendar where you can filter by staff.
- Adding new appointments/events can be done by drag and drop to select the time/date, followed by a modal dialog to complete all the details (just like google calendar or 6zap).
- Appointments/events will need to support a variety of fields, including customers and services.
- Integration of a setup/registration pages to setup new accounts.
Most importantly, you must to have an extreme attention to detail. We cannot emphasize this enough - you absolutely must appreciate the details that separate great from good. We want to see some project examples that shows you understand this.
One last thing, we'd like to host everything on Amazon's EC2 platform, so it's a bonus if you have experience with that.