I have a music blog that has an integrated music player in it and there's a few thing I need to do. The player can play self hosted MP3 and Souncloud songs (directly streamed off the [url removed, login to view] webiste). It is using the soundcloud API.
Here is what needs to be done :
1) Currently, the player automatically detects if a soundcloud song is downloadable from their site. If it is the case, I'm able to press the download button in the player and it will download directly from their site. The problem is that this download link is displayed only in the player, not next to the track in the post. I would like the download button to be displayed next to the track as well.
2) It is the same thing with the links displayed next to the tracks, this link is only displayed in the track, but not in the player. I would like to display them in the player as well. Please note that if a self hosted song is downloadable (you'll see a download button next to the track in the post), the download link is already in the player and next to the track, so this is working. If there's no download button or no link, then the download button in the player should not be there. Do you see what I mean?
3) For the soundcloud songs, I would like for each song that is on soundcloud, to fetch and look for the embed code for their player. Each song has one on their site. It is a code that looks like this :
I want to display this right next to a track but with the following CSS : DISPLAY:NONE. In other words, I want it to appear in the code but stay invisible
You might have to look into the soundcloud API for this.
If not, the only thing that changes is the number at the end of the track :
In that case, the number will be : 74144021
So if you can identify this track number for the soundcloud songs and replace it it would aslo work.
4) I would like to add a heart icon to like each songs. Not to like on facebook or twitter, just like the song (not link to social networks). Something a bit like this : [url removed, login to view] I think it is using the person's IP address to detect if he has already liked a song or not. There's no need to be logged in to like a song. I think you can use this plugin for this and modify it.
The heart will be displayed in the player, next to the download button. It will also be displayed next to the tracks in the post (to the right) when the mouse is over the track. I don't need to display the number of "like" though.
I also need to count those like on a period of time. Like this, I'll be able to automatically display the most popular tracks. I think each like should have a date related to it in order to make this work. The most popular tracks will be those who received the biggest amount of "likes" during the past 7 days.
5) I will aslo need a page template for the most popular songs. It will be exactly the same layout as the player page, but instead of displaying the songs in the order they were released, it will be the most popular 1st, etc..
6) On the front page, there's a section where I'll display the 4 most popular tracks, currently, I displayed them just by putting them manually. I would like this to be automated. There's a custom post type for this section called "Special Intro". Below the 4 tracks, There will be a simple button called "More" that will link to the page explained in my previous point.