Either from scratch script or clip-share modification to function as follows:
Paid members need to be able to submit a document/ essay which can be optionally viewable by other free and paid members (just like the video upload option).
We need to have certain features removed from the website such as friends options, some profile details, etc.
Basically the function of our website is membership, with video and document upload capability, and I will outline details below so providers know exactly how the clipshare script needs to be modified (many of the funtions exist within the script, but we just need it modified to work for our purpose and to eliminate unnecessary features):
We have our website design and explanation of it's purpose up online now at [url removed, login to view] , and it is VERY IMPORTANT that any coder bidding on the project read through and fully understand what we need. This site is hosting an essay and video contest and the Official Rules page will explain the site's purpose in detail, here [url removed, login to view]
Here is a list of functions needed for our website:
- Everyone initially joins free - automatically sends them an email to their specified email address to confirm their free membership with log in username and password
- Once free members log in, these free members must be shown a page which gives them simple instructions to pay a one-time contest entry fee (paypal)
- At this point, as the free member moves to becoming a paid member, more personal information should be gathered from the customer such as their home address and contact phone numbers - so they fill out another form at time of payment to provide this information to admin.
- At time of payment members must agree to official terms and rules of entry, before being allowed to pay their entry fee and enter the contest – so we need a “terms” page which we can manipulate, that the entrant must agree to prior to paying, and at the time of paying.
- Paid members log into a backoffice, where contestants (as they are now called, after paying) are able to EITHER submit one essay OR upload one short (3-min.) video. This submission is their contest entry, and should be sent to admin once uploaded.
- The submitted essay or uploaded video would come to admin (or admin would be notified of the upload submission viewable in admin section or something), and we would be able to track which member submitted it. Only paid members are allowed this function in the backoffice – one video OR one essay only (controllable feature by admin)
- Paid members that submit an essay or video should then be able to choose an option to either make it visible to all members (free and paid) to be displayed or viewed in member backoffices (so new contestants can see what other contestants have submitted for their entries previously), OR contestants can choose to keep their essay or video submission hidden from view of all other members.
- We would need the ability to email free members, paid members, or all members, and track who has paid, who has submitted a video or essay
- Admin should “approve” of any essay or video that was chosen by member as ‘viewable to other members', before it's available for viewing.
- Pages in free and paid member back offices need to be easily manipulated by admin, for design, color, and text showing to members. The free member “home page” should be very basic, instructing them to pay, and allow them to see the viewable videos and essays if they wish. Mainly the difference for the initial free member, is that they be advised to “enter the contest by submitting their fee”, because that is the official entry to the contest, on that page – where they submit their more personal information and make their entry fee payment. There should be just one video player with options to view the videos, and one feature to see essays that are available for viewing – that's about it for the free members.
- we would like a function where paid members/ contestants can take a poll/ vote. A simple poll with about 5 options to choose from, and back office tracks results from our members.
- We have our website up now, and the “enter” / “log in” needs to be implemented from there, from what we have already built. In other words, “use this link on your website's home page, and it will take people to the registration/ sign up page to get started”. Simple.
Again, it's important that ALL CODERS BIDDING please review our home page AND our contest rules, to gain full understanding of our needed functions. [url removed, login to view] and rules here [url removed, login to view]