I need a jQuery encapsulated API for get the title, image and description from an specific URL entered by the user into a textbox. The function need to be similar at when you paste some url into Facebook Status Box.
STEP BY STEP:
1. The user enter an URL into a textbox.
2. The API get the title, image's URL and description of the entered web page.
3. A API's event is triggered with the three variables.
- The process will start when the user paste or press ENTER key.
- If the introduced URL is using Open Graph Protocol ([url removed, login to view]) then the API will get the og:title, og:description and og:image.
- If the URL introduced not use Open Graph the API will retrive the "Description" meta data, <title> and the first <img> src.
- It's important to encapsulate all the functions into an API.
See attachments for more information.