What I need or require:
- To extend our current AJAX ICS viewer/parser to include an alternate monthly view, and also the ability to print a weekly or a monthly calendar.
[New monthly grid view]
- The monthly view should present events in a traditional grid format
- Within each daily grid square, one the event title should appear.
- In some hover/popup-type fashion, the event descriptors should be easily accessible by users.
- There is no need for users to have the ability to click on an event and a daily view to appear.
- The current AJAX ICS script can parse event categories, and assigns them colors. These colors should be incorporated into the display of the event titles either as a background color for the event title (like on Google calendar), or for the color of the title of itself.
- If possible, a dynamic key/legend that creates itself from the aforementioned categories list, and which appears somewhere on this view would be nice.
- There should be an option to print a weekly view or a monthly view.
- The weekly view should be a simply be a list of events with their descriptors presented in a visually useful and appealing manner.
- The monthly view should be a mirror copy of the web view formatted for printing on a landscape letter-size piece of paper.
-- If possible it would also be nice to be able to select the start/end months to be printed, i.e. I could select May - August and have four months on four separate pages print out. This would be a more difficult objective to achieve, so please specify this as an additional cost if it would incur a significant increase in your bid price.
Specific expertise/background that I am seeking:
- PHP/MySQL (MySQL is probably not needed)