We are building a website for aggregating information from multiple websites which broadcast latest posts/information through RSS.
Requirements : -
1. You will have to create a script which when given a link will fetch all the rss information from that link.
2. In case the RSS has a picture then that has to also show up the the display box.
3. You cannot use third party websites/scripts. You have to write your own script.
4. Each line of the script will have to be heavily documented so that any person who reads the script at a later stage can make sense of it and modify. [In the past this same project was done by a freelancer and no documentation was provided and the freelancer who did the work did not provide any support, if you do that type of work then please do not bid ]
5. The Scripts that you provide us will run on server of our domain service provider.
6. Support will be required for atleast upto a month from the time SW script(s) are handed over to us. So that minor modifications can be made after you have provided us the scripts.
7. Color,Font Style, Font Size, Spacing, Number of letters being displayed, Number of lines being displayed should all be customizable.
8. When the Information is being fetched from the RSS link loading sign should be displayed so that user is aware of whats happening.
9. Date and time of the feed should also be displayed.
10. If the link crashes for some reason , for example if the source has crashed then a appropriate error message should be displayed as an output. Or in the case when the link does not have any RSS then an error message should indicate that. And so on, more error messages will be finalised and discussed later.
The above form the bulk of major requirements but some amendments will be/can be made after the first prototype is delivered.
Project will not be marked as completed unless it passes our testing and does not crash.
Preference will be given to to the those freelancers who can show previous related work ,have good recommendations and high completion rate.
Please refer to the attachment to get an idea of what the expected output could be/should be like. But you are open to use your imagination and make this better. This is meant to be a starting point.