Here's what's left of the original brief:
> Comments Field to appear on Category Pages just as they do in Posts.
- Using this link as an example: [url removed, login to view] We'd like to see a the standard comments field appear here...
> Place a colourful background banner (.png) which will sit at the top of the site behind all the elements you see already. We need a gallery-like placeholder that can be swapped out as needed (1024x250) Our template widget has something similar already, perhaps we can repeat it in the code and add another?
> Splash Gallery Post opens the list of posts within that Category
- To give a clear example let's start with the "Golf Club" thumb post stuck to the splash gallery. The "Golf Club" is #3 of 5 posts which are all part of a sub-category called Blog, under a category called The Ivanhoe Chronicles. When a user first arrives at our site and chooses that particular Post to open we'd like them to be (1) taken to that post within that category & (2) be able to see the whole string of posts above it & below it. So the user is taken directly to that post but if they scroll up they can see the more recent posts, and if they scroll down they see older ones. In this example there are 5, so they would scroll up or down to see the other two. I know I'm drawing this out in explaining it but I hope it makes it more clear.
> Smoothing out the theme upgrade & reinstating previous custom work:
- Reinstate the PDF previewer plugin (code is in [url removed, login to view])
- Contact Page: Please delete the word CONTACT, which is above 'around the web'
- Round all corners: Thumbnail post images, Text boxes of Posts & Comment Form, Text entry window of search bar, etc
- The mouseover fade on the splash gallery thumbs is supposed to be a soft flash/fade over, not a dimming.
> Accordion Menu:
- Mouseover opening problematic, need to sort out & tweak how it can best function for the user.
- Contact should be brought in line with the rest of the menu items so it is indistinguishable...
- Swap out arrow artwork
- Streaking of the background occurs when menu opens
- Space b/t arrow graphic & category heading text too close
- Top level = uppercase / bold / pink
- Sublevel = titlecase / not bold / white / pink mouseover
- 2nd Sublevel = titlecase / not bold / pink / white mouseover
- All visited links should turn pink.