Looking for a web developper help me create a community environment much like [url removed, login to view]
I would like users to be able to share links through a submission form on the site that will post thier link on the site.
The submitted links will be sorted by category and the site will feature an archive of all the links submitted.
I would like there to be an option to register and an option for a pay membership. Those who register will be able to comment on the links that get approved by moderators. Pay members can comment on all links.
The archive for each category will feature only the top 10 commented links and the 10 latest submitted links. However Pay members can view all links? and sort them by date and number of comments.
Rent A Coder requirements notice: As originally posted, this bid request does not have complete details. Should a dispute arise and this project go into arbitration "as is", the contract's vagueness might cause it to be interpreted against you, even though you were acting in good-faith. So for your protection, if you are interested in this project, please work-out and document the requirements onsite.
Link submission Archive
I would like to create a site where users can submit links that will be archived under specific categories.
The display of the submissions would be exactly like that of Fark.com. Please note how that website allows users to submit links by filling out a submission form, this project will be quite similar however the submission for will feature several categories for the submission to be filed under.
The Main page will only feature a submitted link for 48hrs, then it will then drop off the main page, but it will still be accessible from the archive.
The archive will be the bread and butter of the site, Each archive pages all look exactly the same and feature the top 10 commented links and the 10 latest submitted links for each category. I will provide the freelancer with the list of categories and sub-categories that I would like on the website.
Users will be able to register to the website, create a profile and post comments on all the approved articles, much like on fark.com. I also would need a moderator control panel where all the submitted links can be approved before being posted on the main page of the site. Again like [url removed, login to view] I would like a Premium membership option where users can pay for more access of the site. Premium members would have a Main page that features all submitted links, even the ones that the moderators didn’t approve. And an Archive page that features the full archive… sortable by Date or by number of comments
- Top ??" _Identical on each page_ -My Banner (which is already being created) with option buttons beneath it. Like the option to register or sign in. And room for a banner advertisement underneath.
- Left side ??" _Identical on each page_ - A collapsible list of all the Archived categories and sub-categories. ??" With room for a couple of adds.
- Center ??" _On Main page_? - List of all approved submissions in the last 48hrs. Those with X number of comments sorted at the top. (Premium members see all submissions)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? - _On archived pages_ ??" List of top 10 commented submissions and last 10? ? ? ? ? ? ? submissions. (Premium members would have access to full archive)
- Site needs to be advertiser ready (banner adds, side bar adds)
- Members can have an option to buy 1 day add in the comment section of each submission
- Moderator will have the option to easily add a new category to the archive.
- would like the archive to have a fully functional search engine for the archive, but only accessible for Premium Members
Only apply if you have experience with this type of project, please link to work that you have already completed. I would also like to test the product on your server before if purchasing, plus be able to provide tech support for the site during its early days. I plan on using this site to create a profitable online community environment.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
I use XP