Planning Poker is an agile project estimation technique where team members discuss project tasks and make estimates by playing numbered cards face-down to the table instead of speaking them aloud. When everyone has placed their card on the table the cards are revealed and the estimates are then discussed. Simple. Effective. Physical cards are on sale as a project planning tool. When team members are in different offices using a conference call or video conference to do project planning they cannot use physical cards. Instead they collaborate by smartphones and desktop browsers to pick virtual cards in a web poker room.
For a proposal to be considered it must comprise the following components:
1) The estimated cost and duration of each of the five milestones below
2) Relevant portfolio work showing capability of writing a HTML5 single page game
3) Confirmation of (a) having studied the current site functionality, (b) having read the "creating a skin" documentation at the link below, (c) accepting each of the terms below such as opensource compatible license and no stolen copyright
The server is opensource at [url removed, login to view] and can be seen running at [url removed, login to view] The application is implemented as two html files [url removed, login to view] and poker.html. The [url removed, login to view] is a single page application which communicates using json over websockets with the server. Both pages need a redesign to be the highest grade eye candy with a screen size responsive design.
The new design must work on multiple modern browsers and be responsive to screen sizes to automatically scale down to iphone/android phones, phablets, tablets and desktop. The design is to be HTML5 targeting Safari 7+, Chrome 31+, Firefox 24+, IE9+, Android 2.3.3+, iOS6+ versions.
The project work must be distributed under an "opensource" style license e.g. "Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International" or similar license which allows people the freedom to benefit from the work without charge. All artwork or code used must be original else public domain (no stolen copyright).
The project will proceed in milestones with payment upon completion of each:
1) Static images (photoshop mockups) showing the design concept for both the index page and the planning poker room page. All the visual components which will make up the game to be shown in the image (e.g. cards face up, cards face down, card selected by player, player within room with no card selected, etc).
2) The implementation of the [url removed, login to view] page ready to deploy with the current server
3) Three static html pages showing the progression of how a typical planning game might unfold. The first with players in the room but no cards select. The second with the current user having a card selected along with some but not all other players also having selected cards. The third with all cards revealed at the end.
Late delivery of a milestone without prior warning and prior arrangement of a deadline extension may lead to the cancellation of the job. The job may be stepped at the end of each milestone by either party.