I need a pretty simple travel website to be designed and built. It will specialise in advertising package holidays, late deals and bargain holidays in the sun. It needs to be completed within 30 days of agreement. There is no requirement to have any online booking system as all bookings shall be made over the telephone. Please see [url removed, login to view] for the general idea. Links through to print, e-mail and user-tips to be retained. Also a competition section where users have to enter their details (eg name, d.o.b, e-mail, home address and tel).
No need to have lots of categories of airport parking, car hire, ski, city breaks etc as you see on some sites. There will be space for some affiliate links. Searches by top destinations, late deals, 'cheaper than x' etc to be included.
It will need it to be compatable with a data-feed of real time prices (again, see [url removed, login to view]) or, and more likely, link in to a URL link which we can then 'mask'. The raw-data code is in RAPI. (?).
The 'look and feel' is to be cheery, fun and visually clean. Easy to navigate. Tel number in large font. A link to T & Cs.
It must be heavily search optimised for everything connected with package holidays, cheap holidays, summer sun etc etc
Any design of the site must be capable of changing with time. It must be 'scaleable' so that if successful then more functionality can be bolted on at a later stage.
Finally, one other difference to [url removed, login to view] is that I'd like the cheap deals or late deals to be 'scrolling' like a real-time news reel and when a cursor is placed over any particular deal then the scrolling stops and allows the user to enter.
A ticker counter of site visitors and other very,very minor extras will be dealt with by discussion.
If interested then please send references / your URL / links to a portfolio of work.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code (the full source code, database, graphics files, flash files (if applicable), user-guide, manuals, documentation and notes) of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
c) The delivery must be after full testing and be with a warranty to fix all bugs for no fee for 6 months post build.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Confidentiality and non-disclosure. The parties may wish, from time to time, in connection with work contemplated under this Agreement, whether before or after the date hereof, to disclose to each other proprietary information, data, know-how, designs, drawings, specifications, test and research results, market studies, price or cost information, supplier or customer lists, regulatory files to the extent they are not public information by law and other similar materials ("Confidential Information"). This Confidential Information will be treated as trade secrets and held in confidence. Specifically, the Seller undertakes never to reveal details of the Buyer's business practices, projects, specifications, tenders, Intellectual Property, site builds, or other such material or information that is acquired by the Seller in the course of business with the Buyer, without the express written permission of the Buyer authorising the same. The seller will only use Confidential Information in a manner consistent with this Agreement and may not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party during the term of this Agreement or afterwards (without limit of time). The non-disclosure obligation shall only not apply to information that: (a) was disclosed pursuant to written permission by the Buyer for disclosure; (b) is a part of the public domain through no fault of the Seller; or (c) is required by court order to be disclosed.
5) Ownership. The parties agree that, as between themselves: all content and data and/or databases containing such data that are designed, created, programmed or maintained by the Seller, on behalf of the Buyer , shall be owned exclusively by the Buyer.
6) Intellectual property. The parties hereby agree that, as between themselves, all Intellectual Property Rights and all other right, title and interest in and to the Content, the Identity, the website, the webmaster content, the subscriber database and the website 'look and feel' will be owned by the Buyer.
7) Governing law and jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with English Law. The parties to this Agreement submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Open to advice