This project can be completed by either:
-- C#.NET developer with SlimDX experience, or
-- C#.NET developer with good understanding in general 3D graphic.
We have entity classes modeling 3D objects, whose geometry are being continuously changed by control classes. We want you to develop the WinForm component (e.g. User Control) using SlimDX, to show the entity objects and their continuously changing geometry. For those unfamiliar with SlimDX, our prototype SlimDX (C#) code can be provided. The prototype code can run in VS 2008.
Requirement of the project include:
-- The 3D view must use our provided interfaces (or method signatures), and must pass our test code which changes geometry in different ways;
-- The 3D viewer must accurately show the changing geometry and texture in real-time;
-- The 3D view class should offer some facilities for high-quality viewing, including but not limited to
• Allow to set orientation so an object is displayed right-side-up
• Allow to keep aspect ratio (height/width)
-- The software is to be developed using C# in Visual Studio 2010 and NET 4.0; VS 2010 release candidate is fine before MS production release, otherwise, must use the production release;
Resources to be provided:
-- [url removed, login to view] which is our provided interfaces (or method signatures)
-- ViewTester solution code which test the 3D viewer;
-- existing entity classes;
-- prototype SlimDX (C#) code if applicable.
This is either an easy job for the right person, or an interesting job to learn a new MS tool.
We've posted a deadline of 21 days. If you feel that is too short, please post your timeframe with your bid.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
-- Completed [url removed, login to view] class with given interface implemented;
-- Any other necessary projects/classes to view the changing 3D model;
-- Completed [url removed, login to view] method according to existing comments; execution of the completed method must introduce visible change of the 3D model geometry in the 3D viewer;
-- Documentation to allow any junior developer to setup and run your code, the junior may not have previous experience in SlimDX.
Test 1 --
The 3D models (including geometry and texture) must be correctly displayed at all time. The models will include:
• manually created the content of Animatable objects (including geometry and texture) of reasonable complexity, or
• de-serialized 3D objects to be used in our app
Test 2 --
The interface of required tests is given in the attached [url removed, login to view] class. The 3D viewer must pass the tests in completed ModelViewTester.cs.
Test 3 (only performed by us) ??"
Change the geometry of 3D models by using our algorithm.
Signs for failure
-- Failed to meet the above requirements;
-- Failed to pass any of the required tests;
Windows 7 and Window Vista