I need a designer to create or modify a Xoops theme for my Web site, and to lay out some static pages.
Please contact me at supply@[url removed, login to view]
If you are interested, please send me a proposal that includes:
* Some links to your work and a short description of your experience
* The dates when you will be able to work on this job
* Information about price - hourly or fixed price
I prefer to work with someone who has designed Xoops themes and who has experience with source code management systems (I use Subversion).
My old site is at <[url removed, login to view]> . I am expanding the business and changing its focus. We need to build a new Web site.
There is a staging server at [[url removed, login to view]] I have installed Xoops 2.09 with the modules that I want to use. Registered users will be able to access xHelp, MyXoopsForge, Formulize, NewBB, Wordpress, and several custom modules.
I will give you a linux user account on this server.
I will give you Xoops administrator permissions after you register.
I use PowerSteering to keep track of my development discussions. I will give you an account on PowerSteering.
I am going to customize the login forms and user data. I will do this programming or work with another programmer to do that.
TASK 1: Improve the theme
I am using a theme based on qnx called “qnxworkev??. This theme is old and needs work.
* I want a variable width theme.
* I want to use the red globe logo.
* I want a theme that is very easy to read. It needs to have good spacing, small fonts, and a light background.
I want you to:
• Improve the menus
• Create a header style to use for the page headlines
• Should we change the blue color?
• Is it possible to put the login form and links in the header?
• Improve the font selection and spacing for readability, if possible.
TASK 2: Menus and Blocks
Position the news block, user block, and any other blocks you think we need.
Make a hand-coded “About Assembla?? menu block to replace the automatic XT-Conteudo menu
The static page menu should go -
Research and Recommendation
TASK 3: Build a Home Page
I want a home page similar to the Optaros home page at <[url removed, login to view]> . I think this page delivers its message effectively with four panels. It has a panel at the top listing benefits of open source software. It has a panel underneath titled “About Optaros??. It has a left column listing services, and a right column listing solutions.
The Assembla home page does NOT need to have the same layout, but it should have the four panels for benefits, about, services, and solutions.
TASK 4: Format the text on the static pages. There are about 12 static pages. I have put text on them but I have not done any formatting.
OTHER TASKS: Please tell me if you have any other recommendations.