Details on the different modules:
Module 1 : GUI
It is crucial that the usability is VERY SIMPLE and visually pleasing to work with.
Module 2 : Local Search Engine
This search will do the following:
§ Take in parameters (like range of PEG, beta etc.) and return company stats.
§ Take in ticker symbol(s) and return company stats and/or blogs
§ Take in search string and return and return ALL information with a hit on the search pattern. The regular expression for this should be handled (like microso* should match Microsoft etc.)
Module 3: Blogging
A simple blogging whiteboard which allows users to blog and saves history should suffice. There should already exist a pre-made template for this. Two kinds of blogs are to be maintained ??"
Internal Blogs ??" Blog abt the stocks in competition.
External Blogs ??" Blog abt the real time stock environment.
Module 4: Core Game Engine
The game-engine should for starters do the following:
- Do the trading ??" buy/sell and compute charge/commission/balance etc. Store information and update charts/trends continuously
- Control start + stop time of the game
- Manage the collaboration among team-players ??" like how groups are tagged and how trading/competition in a group happens.
- Control Pop-up menus with news articles
- Enforce rules on how the players will compete.
- Game rules ??" A user can create a game. This user will be the moderator, so he can set the rules/guidelines of the game
- Rules/Guidelines of the game ??"
o Duration of the game.
o Initial investment of the game.
o Companies that can be selected in the portfolio.
o If this game is public or private. Public ??" anyone can join the game
o Pvt ??" Join by invitation only(Invitation ??" email notification).
o Max number of players in a game.
- (Ex - <[url removed, login to view]>.)
Module 5: Asynchronous web crawler
Crawler which crawls the web and gets the live stock data.
Windows 2000 server and Windows 2003 server.