Turn based war game played on scrollable grid of square tiles
with a maximum size of 512*512 tiles. I will do the graphics. No sound, collision detection or artificial intelligence. Will need line of sight and pathfinding.
The project will have an editor & game.
Language is VB6 . OCX for graphics only. Any language for OCX.
Game components are:
3. Units-Infantry, cavalry, etc
4. An overlay
5. Victory conditions
6. Army organization.
7. Game rules.
Two types of combat-fire & melees(hand to hand).
Terrain will not change. Improvements may change. Units are the basic pieces of the game. They move , fight, killed. The overlay will provide certain information.
Units will have facing, either face N, E, S or W. Each tile is square, so a unit has eight possible moves-N, NE, E, SE,S,SW, W, or NW. The move controls the unit facing:
N - NE, facing N
E - SE, facing is E
S - SE, facing is S
W - NW, facing is W
A unit requires 4 images. One for each facing. Images mayl be of different sizes. Size can be fron 1*1 to 15*15 tiles. Some units will have be able to transport other units.
The basic turn sequence:
1. Red(Blue) moves. (Random )
2. Blue(Red) fires special weapons. (Cannons, etc.)
[url removed, login to view] from special weapons are removed.
[url removed, login to view](Red) infantry fires.
[url removed, login to view](Blue) infantry return fire.
[url removed, login to view] from infantry fire removed. Infantry fire is simultaneous.
7. Melees are decided.
8. Blue(Red) moves.
9. Red(Blue) fires special weapons.
10. Casualties are removed.
11. Step 4,5,6 repeated.
12. End turn if victiry obtained, otherwise [url removed, login to view] is in essence the game. Unless I can attach it to my bid request I will provide a 16 page document of the rules and specifications. These are always open to suggestions or modification by the coder.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Language VB6 for project