We are looking to develop a long-term relationship with a PHP/mySQL coder to work with us on a ad tracking and monitoring service called [url removed, login to view]
AdWatcher has been designed from scratch by a programmer that we haven't been very satisfied with. The script is virtually complete and will go live within the next 24-48 hours.
Here's what we want the programmer to do on this project:
1) Go over the entire script and evaluate it for security flaws.
2) Fix any mistakes that the other programmer has made and improve the efficiency of the script.
3) Work with us on a regular basis for bug fixes and troubleshooting and help us resolve the issues in a prompt manner.
4) Implement add-ons, new features, etc. within the next 3-6+ months. While the first version of the script is complete, we already have many new ideas that we would like to get implemented. While it's not very time consuming, we do want to upgrade the script on a regular basis to make it better, more secure, and faster.
The main thing that we're looking for in a programmer is trust and an ability to complete the tasks on time.
Since you'll have access to our clients' information, it's very important that we develop a mutual trust relationship between each other, so that we could rely on you to exercise due care.
As for promptness - we understand that programming isn't easy and takes time, so we will not rush you at any point. However, if you tell us that something will be completed by a specific date, it's VERY VERY important that it's completed AND TESTED and ready to go live on or before that time. I have to stress this, since we've had time management problems with our previous programmers and would like to avoid it this time.
Finally, it would be helpful if we could get in touch with you over the phone, or at least AIM/ICQ.
Since this is a long-term project, let's break this up into smaller steps and handle them one at a time.
We would like to receive a bid for going over the script, evaluating it for security holes, flaws, and things you could improve. Afterwards, provide us with a report which outlines all the problems, your solutions, and how much it would cost.
I look forward to your response!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
PHP/mySQL on Ensim