Migration of a database backed website from an ASP/MSSQL platform to the LAMP platform. The website consists of a set of forms the pull data from the database in order to produce reports. The site also includes and administraion interface to add and edit projects already in the database.
-- The current version of the site uses three stored procedures which will have to be rewritten in PHP.
-- The current site also uses a number of views (3) to run the queries they will have to be incorporated as subqueries (MySQL 4.1 will therefore be used)
The deliverables for this project are very simple:
1) An exact copy of the ASP/MSSQL website programmed in PHP/MySQL
2) The code must be well commented, but no external documentation is required. The ASP code is already commented but more detail in the comments is required.
3) The programmer will deliver the site as [url removed, login to view] file to be extracted in the webroot of the production server with a current copy of the database.
4) The programmer will install the site and database on the production server.
5) Once testing is complete, the programmer will migrate the latest data from the MSSQL server to the MySQL Database.
6) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Apache 1.3 and 2 (must work on both)
Mysql 4.0 or 4.1 (If you must, submit two seperate bids one if you were to use 4.0 and one for 4.1)