We need an Online Shipment Tracking System. The technical specs is described below, but in short, I need something similar to this site, [url removed, login to view]
The goal is to build a tracking system to do the following:
- Front end interface:
- customer login/register
o Registration authentication per
o Login: user ID, password
- Once logged in, customer can track delivery status via:
o Destination customer name &#61664; links to list of bill of laden’s (BL). Notes: for each destination customer, there are multiple deliveries/day, and each delivery has its own BL.
o BL number
o Reference number. Each BL has a 1-to-1 reference number
- Delivery Information: the delivery status contains 2 pages:
o Page #1: a pdf file created from scanning the original BL generated by the origin customer
o Page #2: a form that contains the delivery status of the following information:
- BL number
- Reference number
- Number of boxes or pieces
- Weight and fees
- Status: in transit or delivered
- Pickup date n time
- Delivery date n time and signed by
- Origin customer and destination customers address n tel
- I like to see if the “shipping tracking module” to build on top of an open source CMS like Joomla. This allows me to access the backend as admin to post news, article and etc…
- An alternative approach to developing the “shipping tracking module” is to use “Quicken” software’s API from Joomla.
- Office Data Entry:
- GUI for data entering by a staff member:
o Scan the original BL into the appropriate customer acct
o Enter, Modify and update delivery status form as listed above.
o Print either or both delivery form and BL
o Search by Ref number, client name, BL or date
o Generate invoice for each customer by date and wk
- Admin login with user/pswd for:
o Manage customer accounts
o Make changes to site i.e.: images, graphics, articles and etc..
- Site must be tested with both Explorer and Firefox browsers for consistency.
- Once fully tested, you will be responsible to take it live to my web hosting company
- A comprehensive [url removed, login to view] file describes all the special code that were implemented during the development.
- Job must be fully completed within 3wks of agreement.
Contact me if u have any question, Regards
Thanks for the responses.
FYI, project is on hold. i'll leave it open for now but will close it if we dont reach decision by the end of this wk.
Thanks! Andrew 6/25/09
We've decided to put the project on hold and close this posting tomorrow.
July 06, 2009
We've decided to move forward with the project.
Please consider this an initial interview, and i appreciate any information that u can help me to better understand your programming skills and abilities. If u would, send me an outline describing of how you would approach to develop this application and any supporting data flow diagram or structure regarding:
- architecture and project prototyping
- ease for adding features and scaling up and maintenance
- reasoning for estimated delivery time - why
- leveraging open sources - if any i.e.: Joomla - why and why not
- object oriented programming using: Java, php or asp.net
- related experiences and/or projects
19 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
I have 9 years experiences in web programming. I know I can do your project very quickly. I also have very good communication skills since I answer my emails with my iphone and my laptop when Im not at my office.
Starting immediately,send more details.I am a good expert in your work zone, just try me once for your work. I am here to do within your price and time frame