This is a ZenCart project to move a Zencart 1.3.7 website to 1.3.9. The url of the current site is www.prestonribbons.com.
A few core files in the 1.3.7 site have been modified previously but the modified files are not in override folders.
This is an outline of the work needed:
- Programmer will create a staging directory on host for testing
- Programmer will install Zencart 1.3.9 in staging directory
- Programmer will use a backup copy of existing mySQL data base for testing in staging area
- Programmer will install the same template used on the production site. The css for 1.3.9 can be modified as needed to produce same style as in production site.
- The main part of the project is creating override folders so that upgrades can be more easily made in future. Programmer will review code changes to 1.3.7 version and create override folders in the 1.3.9 version.
- After upgrade and testing, programmer will move Zencart 1.3.9 to production folder on host and install backup copy of data base.
Because core Zencart files are involved, only experienced Zencart PHP programmers should apply.