About The Project:
A website is required in order to provide a service for members to arrange events with other members.
The main features of this website are outlined below:
1) Log In/Register
2) Calendar this is the key feature. It will be similar in function to an outlook calendar and will use meeting requests, which can be sent to other members. There are a number of different types of events that can be arranged on any one day. For each different type of event the user will be offered different options. The user can also mark certain days/periods of the year as being unavailable. Located near to the calendar there will be an options box' and a details box. The details box will show details such as time/location/ invitees of the event.
3) List a page, which lists all the events in chronological order, will also be provided for the user. This list will automatically update as events are entered in the calendar.
4) Reviews for all events that have already taken place, the user can write reviews about the event. These reviews will be made available from either the navigation menu or by clicking on the date and viewing the details box.
5) Favourite Guests - There will be a facility to store a number of favourite invitees (along with phone & email address) and the user can then choose from his/her favourite list whenever arranging an event.
6) Profile Page - Each member will have a profile page that will include a photo upload and other details.
7) Send Details or Reports - The member should be able to send details of events, including event reviews, to other members/invitees/email addresses.
8) Event Invitations - The member can send Event Invitations to both registered and/or non-registered email addresses. If sent to a non-registered email address, in order to accept the invite, the recipient will be taken to the registration page (similar to method used by Hi5).
9) Inbox/Message Facility - Each member will have an inbox and message facility (similar to say Ebay)
10) Negative Feedback - Negative feedback facility that solely deals with the problem of members not turning up to events. Once a negative feedback is left this will lower their %attendance rating.
11) Search Facility another key feature. A way for members to search the database of members in order to find suitable people they want to invite to their events. They will be able to search by certain categories (that will have been given at registration stage). Once they have found a suitable person there must be a means of matching availability of both members calendars. Once this is done the user can choose from suitable dates and proceed to filling out details about the event. This is then sent to the recipient in the form of an Event Invitation to their inbox (they will also receive a copy of this to their registered email address inbox). The Event Invitation will have an expiration date (specified by the sender).
No flash is required and there is no requirement for any laborious graphics. The website must be easy on the eye (good colours etc), fast to load and above all, easy to use.
Scope of Supply:
A thorough specification has been written for this project detailing the websites aim, user base, content, features and navigation requirements - technical aspects of making the website are not covered by this specification. It is merely to ensure the web developer is as well informed as possible on what this website is all about. The web developer must advise on what code/language is best and why, and also provide guidance on hosting requirements.
The winning bidder will be allocated a space on the homepage to advertise their services.
A contract will need to be signed to ensure that ownership of this website is left wholly with the creators (us). The developer can use code etc etc for other projects as long as they do not conflict with the aim of this website (the aim is detailed in the full specification).
Once the winning bidder is chosen the terms of this contract can be discussed and written up.
About the Winning Bidder:
We are looking for a web developer that has experience handling projects like this. As mentioned earlier the customized calendar (along with meeting request system) is one of the key features and experience in this area is a distinct advantage.
Were looking for someone who can not only adhere to the specification but have the innovation skills as well as the technical expertise to give constructive advice on ways the website can be improved.
It must be stressed that this is the first stage of a long-term project. There are plans for expansion to the core features of this website and therefore there is almost certain prospect for future work.
Good communication is vital, and therefore we need someone is easily contactable by phone, msn and email. Good command of the English language is essential.
If you would like to bid for this project please supply the following information (in addition to bid amount):
2. At least 5 links of websites that you yourself, have designed.
3. Phone Number (with dialling codes)
4. Whether you are contactable at weekends.
5. How you intend to design this website (e.g. html? php? mysql? cold fusion? etc)