we need a high performance SMTP proxy / Gateway able to check incoming smtp connections on some certain rules and passing the emails to the internal imail smtp engine. it will be used for anti spam checking.
we need the following:
- smtp proxy/gateway written in C or any other high performance language, handle > 5000 connections/hour
- not consume much memory and processor
- run as service on defined port (txt config file for port)
- should relay emails to a second smtp server from imail ([[url removed, login to view]])
- should only relay emails for internal domains which will be defined in a txt file, otherwise 550 error message
- should be flexible for enhancements in the future (antispam checking) likne dns blacklist checking, header checkings etc.
- must be able to handle all smtp statements as defined in rfc smtp protocol definitions
- should do logging into a txt file. information to be logged: ip and domain connecting, date and time of connection, senders email, destination users email and domain, state of connection (successfull or blocked), information from whitelists (see below)
what rules should be checked please see detailed attached file!!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
windows 2000, 2003, nt 4.0 as a service
later: unix, linux, sun solaris systems