Java Internet Connection / VoIP Testing system.
What I would like is simple. I want a system that will provide a test to simulate what VoIP calls would be like for a users internet connection.
I am already aware of the MyVoIPSpeed product. I figure Rent A Coder coders can help in this regard and design a system that will perform similar tests, but with a less sluggy interface.
I don't want it to be sluggish like My VoIP Speed's, but rather efficient instead.
I need both a client application that will work in the web browser and the server program that will talk to the client.
Refer to deliverables area below for detailed information. If you have any questions, feel free to ask prior to bidding.
There isn't much involved in this project for someone who knows Java.
I'm not interested in all the technology involved in the MyVoIPSpeed test.
Ideally we want a speedy (not sluggish) loading applet that will provide exactly those tests, at a competitive, cheaper, price.
Specifically, these features of the test are of some importance:
1. Show estimated VoIP MOS (this is formed from below).
2. Test estimated packet loss - not too difficult.
3. Test connection speed in both directions - you need to upload and download a file, measuring the speed.
4. Test latency - ping, ping, ping x 10. Find the average?
5. Test jitter - from the pings, calculate the Std Deviation.
6. Calculate Quality of Service - not important, ideal to have though.
7. Calculate how many call streams they would manage of each relevant codec. If you calculate upload speed to be 100kbps, you need to calculate roughly how many 8kbps streams will go via that 100kbps stream, allowing for over head. Simply, estimate that 10 - 11 8kbps streams will fit in a 100kbps PIPE, with 8 being comfortable.
To be complete, the project must calculate how many calls for step 7, using these codecs:
1. G729 (8kbps)
2. Ulaw (64kbps)
3. Alaw (64kbps)
And optionally more.
I want documented code, and functions used where appropriate.
The test server, the component that initialises and responds to tests (if you go down that road) can be in any language you like, as long as it can run on Cent OS (Linux).
As an example, of what I am looking for, something similar to the MyVoIPSpeed demo product, at <[url removed, login to view]>.
I'm not using that as a benchmark of the deliverables, but a description of what I am chasing, to expand upon my request, so coders can get some idea of what they could be creating. That is, I acknowledge the remote URL and its contents can't form part of this bid request, and only serve as an example to the coder of what I am looking for. I am not sure if it is clear without that URL, what I am asking for.
Again, if you have questions or need clarification, feel free to ask!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must work on Windows.
Optionally, it will work on Mac and Linux.