The aim of this project is to provide small business customers with a basic way to block Non-Work related websites from their Office Computers.
The system is to work like a firewall to block sites and not for reporting of any internet/PC related activity. This way no private and of personal information is every transmitted about the user of the PC.
We will start with a Windows PC version first and then also add an option for OSX Users.
Its suggested the system should work like this..
1. Client goes to our website and creates an Account.
2. Client then from the website select categories that they would like blocked. (All selected by default)
3. Client then can download a small program to install on each of their computers.
4. When installing on their computer the installer asks for the Username and Password as was provided in point (1).
5. During the last part of the install the operator is asked to “Name This PC”. This assists the owner to locate it in the future. All this information is then sent back to the website and creates the PC under that Account.
6. After installing the software the computer now automatically downloads the current block list at restart of the machine and or every 12 hours.
7. The Business Owner can log into the software on the PC directly (with Username and Password) and manually set any “Whitelist domains” that system only should not block.
8. The Account can add up to 50 PC’s under the 1 Account.
9. The software runs as a service on the PC no matter what user logs in.
10. The software un-installer requires the original Username and Password to uninstall.
11. The PC Owner goes to our website and can unselect any categories that they don’t want blocked.
12. By default all categories are selected as “Blocked” unless the Client un selects the checkbox in their online account.
Admin Section: (Our Use Only)
An Admin Section must be created for us to manage the growing list of sites being requested to be blocked.
Business Owners will be able to submit websites to us for global blocking that will require approval by an Administrator of the system prior to being added to the global block lists. The more a site is “Reported for Blocking” the higher it shows on the list.
We would also like to add a Browser Tool that will give all users a Button they can press that will “Report website as not work related”. This is how we will build our list and keep the software up to date with new sites that the users want blocked. Not all requests will be approved but the more its reported the higher on the list it will appear and be checked by our staff.
The system is in no way meant to and or designed to report on the browsing activity of the users. No information of this nature is ever to be sent back to us. However every time a Client PC updates the following information will be collected.
• Internal IP
• External IP
• PC Name
• Operating System
• Date and Time of Last Update
This information will show on our website so the Owner of the PC can log into their account online and see that the machine was online and collected its Update from our server. This is simply a way to see the machine is collecting the update file as normal and as expected. It could be possible to also email the Account holder if a Machine has not updated within the last 7 days as this would be a sign that the software may have been disabled and or removed.
14 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hello, We are professional developers with different Software development expertise. We assure you best quality work. Please view PMB for details. Thanks
Dear Sir/Madam, We are very interested in developing this software. We want to do it using Microsoft Technologies. Please check my private message for questions. Thanks Shome.