I am looking for a windows based anti-spam solution compatible with MS Outlook Express and Outlook, versions 97 - XP. On XP/2000, this should run as a system service, on ME/98 it will reside in the system tray. I am also open to using the Outlook snap-in model, but because of stability concerns I will need examples of your work with this format before agreeing to this model.
The program must be written in C++ and have a very small memory footprint. In your bid, please include your estimate of final executable size.
The program will use the open source rule base at [url removed, login to view] It will uses a wide range of heuristic tests on mail headers and body text to identify "spam", also known as unsolicited commercial email. Once identified, it will quarantine the mail in a designated Outlook folder. The quarantined email will be deleted after 30 days if it is still in this folder. Particular attention will be paid to filtering pornographic and gambling specific SPAM.
The project will be composed of stages:
0. You will provide a preliminary feature set (based on this document) to verify your understanding of our requirements. We will collaborate on this document until such time as are in agreement with all aspects of the feature sheet.
1. GUI Design - Your GUI design must be approved before coding begins.
2. Feature Set agreeement - We must agree on a common feature set document (based on the above description) before coding begins.
3. Development - I will recieve daily updates on progress.
3. Testing -Testing facilities will be provided - I have access to a large, diverse network for this purpose.
I anticipate a 30-45 day cycle from award to testing. Please advise if you can accomplish this more quickly or will require more time.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
4) Professional installation package - Wise or Inno reccomended.
Windows 98 SE