This project involves manipulating text files from a time and billing program, and then preparing them for import into an accounting program (Forob) and automating the process with a button that a user can click on.
The steps involved are the following:
1. The files will be several comma delimited text files in a given directory that a user chooses.
2. The files will be moved to a new directory the user chooses.
3. The contents of all the files will be merged into a single file.
4. The format of the merged files will follow the syntax below:
FILE NAME: [url removed, login to view] (XXX=FIRM NUMBER, NN=SCAN FILE NUMBER)
FILE TYPE: SEQUENTIAL
RECORD SIZE: VARIABLE (CR/LF AT END OF EACH LINE)
The first line for each transaction is delimited by a space between each field. The following fields should print on the line:
2) EMPLOYEE ID (4 CHARACTER MAXIMUM)
3) CLIENT/MATTER (MAXIMUM OF 5 CHARACTER CLIENT ID AND
MAXIMUM OF 5 CHARACTER MATTER ID WITH A "." BETWEEN
THE CLIENT AND MATTER ID'S.
4) DATE (UP TO 8 CHARACTERS, MMDDYY OR MM/DD/YY).
5) TASK CODE OR "0" OR "H" (10 CHARACTER MAXIMUM)
6) HOURS (2 DECIMAL PLACES ALLOWED)
7) RATE OR AMOUNT (2 DECIMAL PLACES ALLOWED). IF THE
FIRST CHARACTER IS "$" THEN IT WILL BE TREATED AS
AN AMOUNT. IF THERE IS NO "$" THEN IT WILL BE
TREATED AS A RATE AND THE AMOUNT WILL BE CALCULATED
BY MULTIPLYING THE HOURS BY THE RATE.
LINE 2, ETC.
Maximum of 44 characters of description on each line. Lines should not end in the middle of a word. Characters should be uppercase.
+ TLH 10400.0001 052595 0 4.80 $720.00
WORK ON AND FINALIZE DEFENDANTS' JOINT
SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT AND
+ BJF 24202.0001 052595 0 0.50 75.00
FINALIZE COMPLAINT AND AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT
OF ISSUANCE OF PROVISIONAL REMEDY
The automation of the import would have a button that a user could click on, or some way of interaction that could be run from a windows environment. The user would imput the following:
Directory of source file
Directory of destination file
Name and directory of newly created file
A go button or execute command prompt.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2003 Server
Windows 2000 Server