The objective of this project is to create a simple and easy to use iPhone application that allows users to search a single database of photos according to catagory and browse, view, rate, and download those photos.
1. Develop simple PHP photo uploader and database manager for administrator.
a. username and encrypted password protected.
b. operates using an SSL connection .
c. navigation menu that displays upload, browse, and reports
d. ability to batch upload photos with automatic thumbnails using GD2 or Image Magic.
e. ability to attribute Date (date of upload), Title, Category, Description, Keywords, Ratings, and Hits to each photo.
f. ability to browse photos in table displaying all attribute values, select a photo to edit all photo attributes, and delete photos.
g. ability to sort results by photo attribute ascending and descending when browsing photos.
h. photos are displayed as thumbnails when browsing photos.
i. photos are displayed as full size when editing attributes.
j. simple reporting feature that displays photos by hits and rating and allows administrator to select a variable date range to filter results.
k. configuration file that admin can access via FTP and use to change admin password, database attributes, and any other configuration information.
2. Develop a simple, downloadable iPhone App in Objective C that allows user to browse, view, rate, and download photos from our database.
a. Main Page
1. Display branding image along the top.
2. Browse photos by category (list of categories)
3. Search Photos (search box - performs fulltext searches on title, description, and keyword attributes for each photo)
b. Browse Page
1. Displays results in list format with thumbnail on the left and category, title, rating, and date on the right.
2. Ability to sort photo results by category, title, rating or date.
3. Ability to select photo for larger viewing.
c. Detail View Page
1. Displays fullsize image that spans entire screen except toolbar.
2. Flicking the photo moves to the previous or next photo in the results previously viewed on the browse page.
3. Tool bar along bottom that displays "Back", "Download", and "Rate" buttons.
- "Back" brings you back to the browse page.
- "Download" downloads to your phone.
- "Rate" allows you to add a 1-5 star rating.
Please let me know if you have any logistical questions or other general concerns. Let me know realistically how long you think this will take you and include some examples of iPhone Apps you have developed. Please include any other information you feel is relevant.