I have an MS-access application that I developed for a US-Based Placement firm that specialize on Babysitters / Housekeeping / Companion placements.
The application is being used locally by the company’s employees today.
What I want is to **allow some extra functionality from the company’s website**. The company SysAdmin will upload the Data MDB file to the webserver every evening.
This project is about building a web interface that allows:
1. **Visitors(potential employer) to be able to search through the database for potential candidates** To do that, the visitor has to enter information about his requirements. (Of course, the contact information of the candidates would not show on the site). This search function is a complicated function ??" but all the code is written in the Access modules and will be available for this project developer. It’s actually about migration of this already-coded search function to a web module.
2. If a visitor sees a candidate that he’s interested in ??" he can fill in a short form with his contact information and this information will be emailed to the company
3. **Simple visitor(family) registration -** A visitor can also register without searching for candidates and fill his requirements and contact information ??" this information should be send to the company by email
4. **Candidates web registration** - A visitor which is a candidate (looking for a job) can fill his information on the site as well. The information will be emailed to the company
5. **Access Import module** ??" A small program that will allow the MS-access module of the software to Import new records from the web-site. I’m open to suggestion regarding how this should be done (one way is to define a file-extension like “.fam?? and “.can?? and write a small VB utility that add this to the database under “Imported?? status. The attachment will be created on the site. Another option is to access the website from access using XML and import the records. **Please elaborate on your suggested way on your bid.**
A .Net shared-hosting account will be provided to the developer.
Full source code of the Currently running access application will also be provided.
More information about this project is on the attached document
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
.Net (if you want)