Private project for stevenp1974
simple flat file manager for banner system.
It is pretty self explanatory and was partially done a while back as you can see from the screen shot but it was not functional - more like an example. It does not require any specific layout - if the screen shot example works for you we can go with that and add the ability to this to add a new account and such.
We have a flat file database that stores the banners (See data screen shot)
This is for ADMIN access only (in a already protected folder)
We have the front end and the logging system already
we just need the back end editor with a image up loader.
Note: The IMAGE shown in the screen shot is just a thumbnail, each account has a thumbnail and a large 468x200 banner (Different - two separate and often different images so no auto creation of thumbnail images is required). The images can be either gif or jpg
- Way for the administrator to create a new banner account and upload the 2 banner images (thumbnail and large main image) this would upload the two banner images and add to the flat file.
- Web based interface for the admin to edit a current banner (Including a way to change the banner images)
- Set expiry dates (Right now they are all set to 30000101 (Jan 1st Year 3000) so they do not expire. The main system will HIDE them if the expiry date is past so we just need a way to manually edit this field. Format is YYYYMMDD (We have a java calendar script already made so this can just be a text box field and we will add the java calendar script later).
- A way to set the order that the banners are stored in the database (our system displays these banners on the website in the order that they are stored in this database file top to bottom so we must be able to "adjust" this order if necessary).
- A expiry notification for the admin (cron task) that sends the admin a email that a banner is expiring in 7 days (so 7 days before the banner expired it notifies the admin).
-I would like to add one more field to each record as well for ::NotificationEmail so that we can also send a expiry notice to the person who's banner is expiring at the same time the admin gets a notice (7 days in advance off the cron task)
You already have them
Data file looks like this
Thumbnails are always stored in the same folder but we want to change it so the URL's of the images are used for both the large and thumbnail banners so that we can call banners from other peoples sites.