We would like to offer free sub-domains of our domain name to visitors.
This must be done with perl as it will be integrated into other systems over time.
- Check to see if folder exists ([url removed, login to view])
- If it exists ask them to choose a different sub-domain because this one is taken (also check to make sure no spaces or special characters is used)
- if the sub-domain name is available display "good news, that address is available" and proceed.
- Ask the person registering the sub-domain where they would like the sub-domain redirected to. The redirect must not end with .exe .zip .msi (We want to make sure it's a web page not a downloadable file or virus)
- Once this is complete create a [url removed, login to view] page inside a folder under this sub-domain name with a link showing at the top of the page (in a frame that is full width and 30 pixels height) and the redirected page shown below (Effectively masking the URL since the sub-domain would be the only address showing in the address bar).
- When each new sub-domain is created it would send a email notice to the admin with the users IP address and the sub-domain name.
-No user name or password is required as this script will only be available in a members directory and will not have editing capabilities
-No database required
- All sub-domains are to be lower case letters with no spaces and only _ (underscores) and - (hyphens) all other characters are not permitted and would return a error with explination