- Asus WL500gp or similar router
- generic USB fax/modem
- modified Linux distribution like OpenWRT or ddWRT running on the box
- accepting my generic USB fax/modem attached to the USB port
- the box answer all rings on the phoneline - these will be faxes!
- the box stores the faxes as pdf (or anything else)
- the box sends the fax to an email address or to a form on a webserver
or if the box cannot reach the internet:
- the box stores the fax on a usb pendrive/stick
The box should startup completely automatic without any user interference.
The box doesn't need any special other functionality, usability as a switch would be nice, but even that is not really necessary.
Sending out faxes is not necessary, but might be usefull in the future.
However I checked the Asterisk PBX flag on this project, I strongly doubt that this module should be used as a solution for this problem.