I will do the main layout design by myself and give you the PSD layers, you need to make the database&coding of entire system.
Time limit 20 days, please don't apply if you take more time.
E-learning experienced companies only with portfolio that can prove this.
If you already made an e-learning site and can re-use the program or parts of it, I don't mind as soon as you can make a fast and good delivery.
There are providers like Efflux who write "0 days" just to catch a customer's attention, please refrain from such blatant cheating! Such providers should be banned!
I am looking for someone to build a complete online e-learning website which is to dispense video lessons for a fee. Each lesson viewed credits the users account with 1 input credit towards their diploma. The website is also to play host to communication about the course between students and teachers. The website and it's courses and video content will be updatable via an easy to use administration panel. Special consideration is paid to the international nature of the website and all site text based information is language independent.
- Students build an online profile including photos, personal details. Email addresses are protected from public display.
- ‘Sign up’ and ‘Contact us’ online forms are protected by CAPTCHA.
- Reset password in profile and ‘Forgot password’ features will always allow a student to recover the login info.
- Any learning management system guest or registered user can switch site default language to other available language interfaces.
- IM option enables online and live communication between students, teachers, administrator despite long distances and users’ location. Online and offline states
- Take/pass learning content, exams; receive completion certificates.
- Learning material is presented in flexible view, which won’t distract students’ attention from learning process.
- View payments history.
Every piece of text entered on the website will be assigned to a language set. New language sets could then be easily made by duplicating an existing set (for example, a duplicate of the French language set for the entire website could then be quickly translated into Spanish, if such a translator was available). The site content (pages, menus, structure, image galleries and languages) will be editable by a user with an administrator security level. An administrator can also assign other users with a higher security level to do the same thing.
Basic website content will be included, and each area will reference all available language sets. These content "types" are:
- Menu (a simple menu, or category)
- Page (a simple page, with or without images)
- Video (a video file with a title and description, and also subtitles)
- Gallery (an image gallery)
- Image (an image file to live inside a gallery)
Using these basic types, a large website can be created by the administrators. Additional features of the administration would be an automatic image tool to automatically re-size and save images and thumbnails in a web compatible format (such as a JPG). There will also be an option to upload and attach files such as PDF's or zip files. For example, in the body of a page.
Viewing the language set will indicate which parts of the site are missing. For example, a new page may have been created, but a French translation might not yet exist. This will help clarify the work that needs to be completed.
Backend coding should be PHP with MYSQL.
- Security Level
A users security level grants or denies access to the administration details of the website. The first 3 levels will be 1 = student, 2 = teacher (co-ordinator) and 3 = site administrator. An administrator level would be able to do anything, including add or edit the main website content, modify a students account or even create new courses and content (videos). A teacher level would simply be able to edit courses but would not have full access to the website.
- Contact Details (The users contact details)
- Billing Details (The users credit card or paypal account)
It must be SSL enabled and additional getaways available
During the payment there must be verification of the user.
Website specific preferences will be stored, such as the users preferred language.
- Enrolment (courses that a student is enrolled in)
- Rich Media Content Supported
Standard Microsoft Office Automation Documents (Word, PowerPoint, PDF documents)
Image Files (JPEG, PJPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PNG)
Rich Media Files (MOV, WMV, AVI, SWF, FLV)
Streaming Media Formats (audio, video MPEG)
Learning Industry Content (SCORM v1.3)
Distance learning program should satisfy most of people. Video streaming smoothly to different worldwide platforms including mobile phones.
The course will consist of various videos. The course material will also reference the language database, for easy translation into another language.
- Course (literature, history... any future courses)
The lessons could contain a video file and/or other supplementary files such as a PDF or other downloadable files.
A video will contain a subtitle track for each language currently available. Integrate current subtitle standards such as SRT [[url removed, login to view]]. Subtitle timings will be held in the database, a subtitle track, if it exists, could then be duplicated and translated in much the same way as duplicating a language set for the whole website.
- Final exam core options — random questions, limit/unlimit test time, allow coming back to question, allow coming back to question in case of wrong answer, regard or disregard test results, one or several correct answers, add scores to partially correct [url removed, login to view] registered examinee can appear for the exam.
With an utmost web-based admin area, admin is not required to have much programming skills, only logical way of thinking and responsive approach to your future users. The system can be administrated by a person with minimal programming knowledge level — this is convenient.