I'm looking for a possibility to hire a designer for a webshop that I own (the webshop already exists). The website is for an online pharmacy, which in Belgium (where I'm from) still is a very "novel" concept.
With the webshop, which is a startup, I'm aiming on targeting this new market. It has its own difficulties:
- Legislation: very strict and stringent
- Trust: although we are a real pharmacy, how can we convey that trust online?
- Usability: the user should easily find the products he/she needs and the website should be slick
- Boring: actually: it's a damn eshop, how boring can it be? BUT we have >[url removed, login to view] products, many of which are not boring (eg cosmetics for girls, vitamins for fitness guys :-) )
As there are already two other players on the market, I'm looking for a fresh idea. The above should give you an idea of the current situation, but maybe a fresh pair of designer eyes help me get to a concept design which IS novel AND can convey that trust to my visitors.
So basically, I'm looking for you if you:
- are willing to think out of the box
- want to understand the peculiarities of the situation over here, which might limit the result
- want to create a concept design which can result, if we both agree, in a full design of the website.
I've put a number on the hours I would think you would spend on this initial work. Naturally, the initial discussion will define if you feel up to the task...
Please let me know if you want to consider this request?