Wunderstock is a free stock photo website with 100,000 high resolution images published across 1 million multilingual pages.
Search engines such as Google are not rendering important content on our pages, resulting in poor SEO performance. In order to improve our SEO, we want to ensure our website can be properly rendered by search engines.
Wunderstock consists of
- "search tag pages" for thousands of terms ([login to view URL])
- "photo-pages" for each of our photos. A photo-page consists of the actual image, a number of tagged search terms with links to the search page, a photo description and links to other related photo pages.
The front-end of the website is build with [login to view URL] and hosted on Vercel. The back-end is written in Node-JS and hosted on AWS EC2 instances. We use Cloudflare for DNS and image delivery.
-- Lean, straight-forward solution that serves clean pre-rendered HTML
-- Solution should build on existing architecture with no major changes
- You will need to familiarize yourself with the existing code and find a way to ensure search tag pages can be crawled by search-engines such as Google.
- For this the pages will need to be pre-rendered and the served HTML of seach term has to already include the photos and their corresponding links. (Currently they are rendered dynamically via JS and an API call to our back-end)
- The solution has to be stable and easily maintainable, it cannot add unneccesary complexity
-- We already have a sitemap. This is not a viable solution to the problem.
Please apply with a short description of how your previous experience is relevant to this task and how you would solve the issue.