I need to install a caching solution for a website.
Current setup is single CentOS 7 server with apache/php/mysql running the website with wordpress.
I would like to install a new server with CentOS 7 (Frontend) to run a caching solution such as Varnish / Squid / nginx so that users will always reach this server and get content from it's cache rather than from the origin (Backend) server.
The users will connect over SSL to the Frontend server, if the page they request is cached then they will be served with it, otherwise the cache server will fetch it from the backend and will serve it. The Frontend connects to the backend over SSL as well, all certificate are signed by an authority and are valid.
Squid and nginx can do that "out of the box" while varnish needs some extra work to make it work over SSL.
We will provide:
- CentOS 7 server for frontend
- SSL certificates to install on Frontend
- IP address and domain name of the current backend server
Freelancer will perform:
- Configure his own computer to connect the domain with the Frontend IP (via his own hosts file)
- Install Varnish / Squid / nginx via RPM and yum (not direct download!) on the frontend server
- Configure the cache (Varnish / Squid / nginx) to accept connections via SSL certificate that we provided
- Configure the cache to connect to the backend via SSL
- Configure the cache to cache GET requests
- Documentation for the above
- List of all relevant config files used
- Instructions how to modify cache TTL and other parameters
Just to be clear: the backend server is already installed and running the website. No need to do anything on it. The freelancer will install everything on the frontend and will make sure that when using his hosts file on his own PC to point our domain to the frontend, he can browse the website via SSL.
Note that the Wordpress is using cookies to operate and that some of the users are logged in to the Wordpress. We need to make sure that every GET request is being cached while the logged in users are not cached.
Also note that admin area of wordpress ([login to view URL]*) needs to be excluded from cache.
This description should be sufficient for any professional Linux admin. Please send your comments and questions via Freelancer.com's messaging center.
Anyone contacting me must describe his solution in details.
24 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 120$ tähän työhön
Hi, I will setup and configure nginx, cache, varnish on the server. I do have more than 14 years of expertise in web hosting, server setup, etc Please discuss to start. Thank you.
Hello, Hope you are doing well! I am a senior system admin and server engineer with 15years. ican install and configure varnish or nginx cache. looking forward to discuss further. Best Regards sudhanva
Hello..I am an experienced cloud server engineer ...I can setup varnish cache for your wordpress site to cache the content ...can also setup ssl to make the requests https .......Let me know in chat to proceed.
Hello.. How are you! I can help you with your project of installing and configuring caching server as i am having 9 years of experience in this relevant field. Ping me for further queries. Thank you!