We are looking to have someone build a front end [url removed, login to view] web application that can interface with a specified Gmail account. The specifics of the project are as follows.
1. We should be able to specify any gmail account.
2. This will be a one page application.
3. At the top of the page will be a textbox, allowing the user to enter any keywords to search the gmail account.
4. The service will return all matching email "threads" with Title, From, To, subject, and also the body of the email.
5. The user will be able to click on the email to view the entire email body.
That's it. A very simple one page application. There are *some* gmail api's out there..but nothing we've been able to get working. Also, there is a mobile version out there..someone has created a hack in PHP. If you google "Mobile Gmail API", you will find it to be the first link. This might provide you some ways of how to build this application.