I need you to design and make a control that I can use in my applications.
Control will be based on a windows forms / dialog box – for use as part of a desktop application
It would allow users to view files of a type of extention (eg. picture files - .jpg, .gif, .tiff etc).
User would then be able to select multiple files from the list and rename them in 1 block.
eg. If I renamed them to "House" the files would be named "[url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] etc).
Control should be configurable - please see detailed specifications.
Main purpose of control would be for users to rename files they have uploaded from their digital camera with more friendly names.
- Selecting Path: User must be able to select / change the active path: User clicks “change Directory” button, and gets a select directory windows dialog to choose the current path.
- Current path is visible on the screen
- Current Path is configurable by a get / set property on the control
- Form Title / Header / text etc. should be configurable by related get / set properties
- User can filter out just pictures, or show all files. Default is show pictures
- Controls filter (Show Pictures / Show All) is configurable by a get / set property on the control
- Pictures are defines by file extensions. Supported picture types should be JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, .PNJ
- When user selects a new path, or changes filter, thumbnail view refreshes showing files in the directory matching the applied Filter:
- Thumbnail view is similar to list view control, but will be able to display actual thumbnails of the images:
- If the file is a picture, the thumbnail shows the actual picture
- If the file is not a picture, the standard windows icon for that file-type is shown as the thumbnail
- User can sort the results by name, date, and size. This sort order will be used to determine how to rename the files
- User can change view to detail view and back again as needed.
- User can rename files as detailed in below Use Case
- Naming files rule: Files retain their same extension as before.
- Naming files rule: Made up from Main Name à 4 digit Number à File Extention. Eg. If I chose main name “House”, files would be renamed “[url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] etc.
- Image for the control (eg logo) can be changed and configured by a public get / set property of the control. Standard logo (without skewing) is 150 pixels wide, 25 high
- Controls size (width and height) can be configured by a public get / set property
- Controls Back Colour / Forecolour can be configured by a public get / set property
Use Case: Renaming Files:
a) User Selects Directory of files
b) User selects filter – show all or show pictures only
c) User Selects multiple files in the view to rename User selects Main Name to rename files to
d) User selects starting Index ( a number less than 9999)
e) User clicks “Rename Files button”
System asks are you sure? Files will be permanently renamed
If user selects Yes system rename according to the following rules:
System organises selected files into the chosen sort order (ie if user had sorted by name, the files will be renamed in that order)
For each file:
System tries to rename file using naming rule:
Main Name – INDEX - .extention
If file with this name already exists, file is not renamed, and stays the same as current.
If file with this name does not already exist, file is renamed.
The index is incremented by 1, and check is repeated for the next selected file.
Once Index gets to 9999, all remaining files should not be renamed: Errors sould be shown as Index out of Range
Once all files are renamed, system shows a list of errors on a simple dialogbox – showing which files could not be renamed.
Visual Studio 2003 .net Preferable, will be ok in VS2005
(I use VB.NET - so ideally would be same)
a) Control wrapped in a DLL so I can use it in developing my applications
b) Source Code for Project
I would like full rights to use the control in my applications that I make
PLEASE NOTE: 2 V. SMALL CHANGES TO SPECIFICATIONS:
CHANGE 1: FORM OR CONTROL
When I talk about making the control: What I need is a windows control that I place on a web form. I design the web form, you design the control.
For this reason, 2 lines in above spec can be removed:
i) Control does not need any logo -->
"- Image for the control (eg logo) can be changed and configured by a public get / set property of the control. Standard logo (without skewing) is 150 pixels wide, 25 high" - no need for this
2. I design the form, so no need for form header etc
"Form Title / Header / text etc. should be configurable by related get / set properties" - No need for this.
CHANGE 2: CONFIGURING VCONTROL
I need to be able to configure Background Colour / Foreground colour of control
I need to be able to configure size of control, with related control having appropriate dock / anchor points to allow resizing
--> add 2 lines:
a) Control must have related public poperties to change back / forground colour
b) Control must be resizeable with buttons / boxes in control having related dock and anchor points
This is a little detailed, but hopefully will give you a better idea of what I need.
19 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 83 $ tähän työhön
Please let me when need my help to accomplish the job posted. Control will get developed in VS2005 with VB.NET or C#.NET as a language depending on your requirements