This application will one day be a full suite for browser settings and bookmarks synchronization, but for now only the settings need to be covered. These are the main features;
• Install itself (and any files in the same folder by the name of [url removed, login to view] - .DXT extension even though they're really executables - for example) to a desktop PC. This is to easily swap out third-party software which will be bundled.
• Automatically check for upgrades and download + install those (configurable through checkbox in settings)
• Set default browser (when a link is clicked in Outlook for example, this browser is used/launched by default)
• Set default location and size for browser windows (compatible with dual displays, options include: centered, left top, right top, left bottom, right bottom, …)
• Set default start page in all browsers (have a default one for all browsers which is set on program start-up)
• Application is minimized to tray and hidden by default (can be changed in notification icons to display) since little interaction will be required
Other features such as bookmarks synchronization will be added later.
When applying, please explain in some detail how you will integrate with the different browsers (IE6, IE7, Firefox and possibly Google Chrome need to be covered)? Mention any relevant experience with browser integration specifically; I don't need to know about your generic/other programming skills.
Also, include screenshots of C#.NET desktop applications you've developed in the past. Please mention if you've used any design patterns in this application with some clarification (what/how/why).
Thank you for applying!