We're looking for someone to develop a single page "mock up" of a web based email client.
This should use the open source version of Gaia AJAX Widgets ( Open source version downloadable from [url removed, login to view]).
You won't need to implement any *real* back-end functionality, but it does need to look good, be interactive, and make use of the Gaia Ajax controls.
We want the application to have a clean and crisp look and feel similar to Joyent [url removed, login to view]
. Therefore, you must prove you can produce well designed, *valid* XHTML web pages and CSS.
More about the screen...
The Email Screen
The *layout* is similar to Microsoft Outlook. It should use:
- The Gaia Menu control showing "File, Edit, Vew and Actions" as in Outlook. These won't actually *do* anything.
- The Gaia Accordian control with 4 bands - Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks (with icons too). Only Mail will show anything.
- In the left pane, you should use a Gaia TreeView control to show a "sample" inbox with subfolders. Clicking different folders should show different emails in the middle pane (at least 2 folders), and should refresh the page using Ajax.
- There will be a middel inbox pane also, as in outlook, showing
some sample mails potentially using the Gaia Repeater control.
- There should also be a preview pane showing the contents of the email, that changes as you select them.
- There will be a search control, using the Gaia auto completer control that filters the messages in the inbox using Ajax.
There should be *no* page refreshes, but panels as controls should refresh using Gaia Ajax.
You will need to devleop custome CSS and images for the controls to get a look and feel similar Joyent
[url removed, login to view]
All images and CSS used must be legal and licensed as we may need to sell them later on.
Please send links to your samples of recent *Ajax* and CSS Work.
Good luck, and thanks!