1. Finish our current solution to display Exchange-rates on our site.
a. The user control should a list of 6 currencies and displays one chart at a time. When a user clicks another currency the chart should change to that currency using AJAX. – This needs to be implemented.
b. A web page polls a X rate site every 5 mins to get the latest rates and generates an image for the chart and saves them in the DB. -This solution is partially working, the schema of this solution needs to be modified slightly. )
2. We need a user/page/visit tracking control which will be added to the master page.
a. We need to collect IP Address, Browser Language, Browser Currency, Geo Location, userID (if the user logs in).
b. This info needs to be stored in DB for our records, Cookie so we don’t need to look them up again, and the current session to maximize efficiency.
c. Browser language and currency need to use the standard format for culture eg: EN-GB
d. You need to write the control, class and DB table. Some examples
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
3. Web service that collects articles from one site and Properties for sale from another.
a. The service will have to methods to be called once per day by our scheduler.
b. GetArticles method
i. When called the service will search through all of the articles on 1 specific site and whichever articles fit our criteria and we don’t already have, the service will extract the article from the web page and insert it into our DB.
ii. In the extraction it will need to create a title, synopsis and assign a category and appropriate picture to the article.
c. GetProperties method
i. When called the service will search through all of the properties on 1 site and whichever properties fit our criteria and we don’t already have, the service will extract the property from the web page and insert it into our DB.
ii. In the extraction it will need to extract photos, and re-arrange the details of the property to fit our format. Eg. Category, type of property, description etc.
4. Develop an override class / implement CSS adapters for the MS Sitemap control which we use for our breadcrumbs
Very first span on breadcrumbs to be removed. To comply with XHTML W3C standards
<span id="ctl00_Brd_SiteMapPath1"><a href="#ctl00_Brd_SiteMapPath1_SkipLink"><img alt="Skip Navigation Links" height="0" width="0" src="/[url removed, login to view];amp;t=633595370073246099" style="border-width:0px;" /></a><span>
5. For our user address registration form :
a. We want the city, state and country dropdown lists pre-selected with the users current GEO location.
b. The GEO location will already be stored in the current Session .
6. We also need data populated for the following DB tables.
c. A list of all cities in the states of Rio Grande Do Norte and Paraiba in Brazil
d. A list of all suburbs for the all the cities above, with a relationship between them.
e. We have a text file with the list however its around 20mb and hangs in windows and SQL manager before we can import it.
7. We need a new Google friendly sitemap, all our WebPages are already stored in DB with URLs, link text and categories, you just need a web page to display this information in an intuitive way for people while staying Google friendly.
8. Comments / forum –
a. Create a user control .ascx to :
b. Add form to add Comments below articles
c. Add a list of all comments already made.
d. Add option to reply to comments already made.
e. Scan all comments for profanity (inappropriate words) and replace words with xxxx, if there is more than one obscene word disable the comment.
f. Our Db has special tables to provide automatic translation and maintains all content of site, your comment table will need to integrate with this.
9. We have an external links page for reciprocal links.
f. We need the option for other site to add their link, URL, Name, Description, Category, Email etc.
• In your development you must follow Microsoft naming conventions, and standard design concepts and techniques.
• We have further guidelines to follow for Schema requirements and coding standards.
• You must follow Test Driven development framework and create and include Tests for all your methods. Your work must be tested thoroughly, optimised and functioning correctly.
• You must provide a complete solution, including detailed documentation on how it works and instructions for use/integration, including limitations etc. Documentation providing lists of methods and properties is not helpful. You will need to work with us somewhat to direct us how to integrate your solutions with our site, and may need to revise interfaces slightly.
• Upon acceptance we will supply you with complete details of the tasks.