A job was assigned to a freelancer and he has completed the job. I simply want someone else with C# skills to review and see if the software meets the requirements of the job. Below are the requirements. The software takes .csv files that all have different header names and the data is in different column sequences and combines the data into 1 common column header and one common column sequence. It has the following options when combining the files. I will not only pay you to test the software and possibly provide advice if you see error. We will provide the winning bidder the source code as well to review. The coder said it is working well. So this is an easy 10 rating for the tester as well.
We just need to combine multiple CSV files into one final file. The key would be the 10-digit phone number.
When a duplicate phone number is added after the 1st file under file tag JOB 1 the software would give user the option to
1) add the duplicate record in full and when the new record is added there should be a flag that tells the user the name of the source file.
2) completely ignore the duplicate record
3) replace the entire existing record with the entire new record.
4) allow users to choose which columns of data in the existing record it wants to be replaced with the values of the new record.
5) If the existing record has any NULL VALUES for certain columns of information and the new file of records has values for those columns, then insert into the existing records’ null value, any values from the new record, to make the existing record more complete. Basically, just fill in open data fields in existing record.
The UI would be just two menu tabs
Address Book Page and List Pages.
SQLite database like my email software has with list page that people can query by all column headers and by the file tag of the job.
Note: The phone number key should be per file tag job, meaning that if the phone number were already in the database BUT UNDER A DIFFERENT FILE TAG JOB that would not be considered a dupe record.
What I am thinking should happen is the person has a File Tag Job Name ID that they assign and they keep loading .csv or .bz2 files under the File tag job ID name given. They then go to the lists page and query for the file tag name and they get the combined file.
If the phone number were the key you would need to remove all common symbols associated with phone numbers so remove: brackets ( ) commas , hyphens – and periods .
So, the record when being uploaded is stripped down to just numbers. On the export allow the user to decide how it wants to show the final combined files phone numbers:
[url removed, login to view]