I want to add ecommerce functionality to my moodle site, which already has registered users, but no ecommerce or paypal etc currently in use.
This project is only suitable for someone with experience of integrating moodle with other systems, preferably shopping carts/ecommerce, who understands how to deliver an integration that is smooth for users (minimal screens, steps)
similar perhaps to this previously posted project [url removed, login to view]
My ecommerce functionality, however, will be provided by Interspire shopping cart [url removed, login to view] which is a commercial product that comes with complete PHP source code.
- If the student is already registered in moodle, they will pay for the course (without having to register on the shopping cart) and once the shopping cart authenticates the purchase as successful, that user is automatically enrolled in the course and can imediately access it.
- If they are not registered, they will be forced to register (effectively into Moodle) as part of the purchase process: existing users and new users will be authenticated and managed as now in moodle.
- If students change password or address etc in their profile, the shopping cart account will also mimic that change (eg the student will never know they are using 2 systems simultaneously) and there will be no database/account data version drift between the two. Moodle profile changes to be reflected in Shopping Cart data and vice versa
- Integration means the users continue to be managed via Moodle Administration page
- use our current registration criteria (slightly adjusted moodle registration, for example requests a unique ID card number to prevent one user opening multiple accounts)
- the integration will not require Moodle code or script changes, so Moodle upgrades will not corrupt the integration
- additional purchases aggregated into this one account, users can see enrolment and purchase/payment history
- the shopping cart template to be updated to mimic the style template of the moodle theme, so students do not notice they are in 2 systems simultaneously