Hello I am a music producer who is always sitted down at the studio making music.
I started working in music more than 14 years ago and the unique issue I encountered in this career is that I dont find time enough to workout or go out with my family because we usually can't write music while driving a car or at the gym, walking, etc... This is actually because you need to be in front of a computer or a Cellphone putting notes one by one tapping in a screen using a Mouse, MIDI controller or musical instrument. So I have this idea to build a very smart app that can understand what you sing to translate it to MIDI and write in a template name it then share it by any cloud or app as a MIDI file.
Characteristics/capabilities of the app:
1. Run/Start by tapping in an Icon or call App name (just like siri)
App name; one of these (Phony, Zhync, imuse, i-Tari).
2. Create new project, open, open recent, save, exit by a voice command.
3. Create the project by templates by calling its genre e.g. Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock, Latin, etc...
4. Set the Key and scale by decoding the melodies the user sings. Then auto-select tempo by genre (can be modified by calling "BPM increase" "BPM decrease") and auto-on metronome.
5. Create a new instrument and load a new sound by mention instrument name e.g. guitar, piano, drums (start playing the click/metronome.)
5. Translate (decode) voice sounds to MIDI for each different instrument
6. After an arrangement is done it can be shared by calling the desired app or web site.
Notes: These are my main ideas but any other recommendations are welcome in order to build a very responsive and smart app. As a reference or for building/performance ideas use siri, melodyne, tonespace (chords generator).