We are a mobile app development agency based in NYC looking to hire a freelance Test Engineer to test a music composition iPad app we are currently building.
You will work with our team of developers and program managers to:
- Create a formal black box functional text plan.
- Perform daily build verification and bug logging.
- Be available on demand 7-days a week to verify fixes and log new defects.
This app allows people to use an on-screen piano keyboard to create music compositions on a music staff. Users will be able to create music by pressing keys on the piano which will place the appropriate note at the right position on the staff.
This position REQUIRES the tester to have advanced knowledge of music and music theory. Specifically you should be:
- Be able to read musical notation, including 1/4 notes, 1/2 notes, dotted 1/2 notes, whole rests, half rests, etc.
- Understand different time signatures (4/4, 3/4, 2/4).
- Understand how a metronome works and how it is used for composing music.
Please do not apply if you do not have the musical knowledge I've listed above.
Also you will be required to have your own iPad.
This project will require roughly ~20 hours per week until the middle of September.