Simple Website Viewer Apps
Project: To develop simple apps for eventual integration with an enterprise network project for future corporate deployment in conjunction with BDC (Government of Canada).
Title: Website Viewer App
Description: App to facilitate listing and viewing of websites.
- Both iOS/Android Platform
- See this app for design and features - World Newspapers [url removed, login to view]
- The app essentially offer to listings of industry specific URLs to allow user to view the original websites on mobile devices.
- Web view is preferably in-app. The reason for this is so that the app will always stay open for other corporate communication applications, which will be introduced into the the corporate version later. (However, we understand Apple has made some changes to In-App Browsers recently. Whereby they wanted website to be viewed in Safari and there is "Back" button for users to return to the app once they are done with website. See [url removed, login to view])
- Prefer app without backend hosting. Trust this is possible since the URLs can be stored in the app (just like user settings/preferences). The app doesn't need to communicate with database to fetch any information. (However, if this is not possible, then host it on Firebase (as the app is community service). Else, we will consider hosted on AWS/other cloud services.
- You have full discretion on the app design eg. use of open source code etc. In the end, we expect a working app that will load up reasonably fast, stable, with intuitive UI.
Project iHappening @ Busines Development Canada
--- End of App Description ---
You may want to design the app ready for future development/integration: -
The prototype app will be integrated with enterprise network to facilitate business development in conjunction with Government of Canada. Where enterprise features/functionalities will be integrated eg. geoloaction/messaging/collaboration/live streaming etc.
For effective collaboration, one feature is to allow at least two remote users to work together at the same time. A good experiment is to integrate simple open source multiplayer games eg. chess, tic-tac-toe, etc. for two user to play together remotely at the same time.
Please email offer/questions to ihappening [at] gmail (dot) com