SEE Turtles, a nonprofit sea turtle conservation organization, is launching the world’s first phone app to use AI technology to identify illegal wildlife products. We are seeking a developer to help finalize and update the app before public launch. The app is currently in beta and we are looking for a cost effective solution to final adjustments and routine maintenance.
We are looking for a contractor who has experience in Flutter, Dart, Swift and other mobile application coding languages, deploying pre-built machine learning models, and a track record of publishing products to the apple and google app stores. Preference will be given to developers who have experience doing back-end maintenance on Microsoft Azure.
The SEE Shell app is a groundbreaking new tool in the effort to combat the international illegal wildlife trade. The app uses AI tech to determine whether photos taken by app users are actual tortoiseshell or faux. Tortoiseshell products come from the critically endangered hawksbill sea turtle, a trade which is the primary driver of this endangered species’ decline. The trade continues illegally in 40 countries and this app can help users including travelers, conservationists, and law enforcement to identify illegal products and help prevent their sale.
• Replace the current AI model in the app with an updated file (ML model is already built).
• Add in additional pre-built model(s) to filter input images prior to passing image through final (current) model.
• Update written text on key application UI dashboards.
• Conduct routine maintenance to ensure application is up to date and fully functional on the Apple and Android devices
• Publish updated application to the Google and Apple stores.
*Please do not contact me on any other platforms, I will only communicate through this website.