We are looking at developing a mobile application that is aimed at motivating school children to collect trash using RPG mechanics.
We would envisage unity being the best development tool for this though you are free to propose alternative recommendations. Platform would be android at first with the intention to build an IOS version in the future.
Gamification Mechanics include:
1) Avatar builder flat graphics only, once off on registration.
3) Crafting system (the ability to craft weapons or armor depending on the type of trash you have collected (e.g to craft this axe you need 200 pieces of glass, 3 pieces of plastic and 20 other).
4) Badges awarded for completing certain tasks and achievements
5) Leader board (Region, Group, Friends)
6) Currency system - users earn a certain amount of coin from collecting trash (e.g 50 pieces of glass = 1 coin).
7) Potions that can freeze streaks for certain periods, available for purchase using in game currency or from "grinding".
8) Basic XP leveling system with points awarded for collecting trash and logging in daily.
9) Group Quests - Create a group and add friends from Facebook - Challenge other groups betting a certain amount of currency and selecting the duration. The group who collects the most trash in that time period receives and equal amount of currency from the losing team (who loose an equal amount of currency. Users can customize their group by giving it a name and logo).
Use camera - users take a picture of the trash that they have collected and capture the trash type (e.g 5 pieces of glass, 10 plastic, 3 other etc).
Notifications: Can include daily reminders to login, collect etc
Project is in the quotation phase at present.