Our business is seeking to engage a (backend) developer to build a backend cloud environment that will facilitate the launch of a consumer payment system.
The backend developer that is awarded this project will be working with an iOS developer who is familiar with the project deliverables. The iOS Developer will be responsible for building the iOS elements of the project.
We already have iOS developer in place who will be building our iOS app.
What we need (via freelancer) is a cloud / backend server developer, to build the backend cloud environment for this project.
If the backend developer is also familiar with mobile / iOS development, that would be beneficial (though not necessarily mandatory).
However just to make sure the requirements are clear to the bidders, developers that are skilled in mobile / iOS development ONLY will not be suitable for our project (we need a backend / cloud developer).
N.B. A low volume of consumer transactions is projected for the first few months after the initial launch, with the uptake expected increase following this period.
A possible solution could include the use of JSON, Braintree and/or Firebase, however the desired approach has not been finalised and the merits of alternative proposals will also be considered.
2. Project Goals and Scope of Services
The backend developer must deliver a fully functional backend environment that is able to interact with all the necessary elements of the system, and handle all possible process flows.
Fundamental functionality includes:
* Set up a backend cloud environment, including a server to manage all the required MVP functionality and interactions
> Set up the necessary logic to handle all possible stages in a payment cycle (including managing consumer credit card arrears etc)
> Set up all the necessary logic to manage user authentication
> Set up automated user notifications, based on key events
* Facilitate all the necessary network communication between the server(s), database(s) and iOS clients
* Enable consumer payment information to be stored / utilised for future payments, without requiring further interaction from the user (E.G. This may incorporate something similar to the Braintree Vault / nonce design)
* Set up a user database (consumer and merchant)
> User registration
> User authentication
> User account cancellation
* Set up a consumer transaction database
> Record consumer purchases (accounts receivable)
* Automatically create a split consumer repayment schedule
> Allow merchant transaction details to be exported (accounts payable)
* Enable merchant transactions to be reimbursed automatically - E.G. Funtionality similar to Braintree Hyperwallet (to be quoted separately).
* Create a website that also allows (consumer and merchant) users to manage their accounts (to be quoted separately).
* Build a browser based checkout that will enable a merchant to incorporate our payment system into their existing online store, to be accessed via a PC/Mac (to be quoted separately).
3. Anticipated Selection Schedule
Our selection is expected to be made by Monday 20 May 17.00 AEST
This project needs to be fully completed and launched into production by Friday 14 June
5. Elements of Proposal
* Itemised pricing
* Ongoing support details / retainer
* Confirmed deliverables
* Timeline / milestones
* Testing plan
* Any requirements the backend developer has to complete the project
* Details of any other key considerations or costs, not otherwise covered
6. Evaluation Criteria
* Delivery timeframe
* Relevant previous experience (portfolio / App Store / resume)
* Ability to satisfy all project requirements
* Ability to participate in demonstration / testing