We need a program that is interactive between professors and students.
It will run under android platform and must have the capability to do the following:
Connect to the internet and download videos for student enhancement
The teacher must be able to create a quiz based on the subject presented from the internet.
The student must be able to access the quiz, reviewers and notes from his or her tablet in the school database.
The professor should be able to program the semestral examinations in the computer and have the computer randomly pick which set is to be given to the students during examination day, the computer should be able to grade the exams immediately after the exam is taken and must have a raw score available for teacher and student printing.
The teacher must also be able to monitor in his notebook and on his teacher desktop pc who among the students are still answering their exams on the pc and who has submitted their exams real time.
The subject being discussed must be interactive on the smartboard and both teacher and students will be able to perform real time tasking on the smartboard.
This program should work both on the smartboard and the smart TV.
Students must be able to enhance their report using the smart board and they should be able to discuss the PowerPoint presentations given by their teacher on the smartboard.
Note: All subjects presented to the students will be in powerpoint format.
Students must be able to open and work using multiple programs such as word, PowerPoint and the internet at the same time. The students must also be able to open multiple internet pages while using the smart board and the smart TV
Teachers must be able to create and run lesson plans from their notebook (lets you control Notebook lessons from your notebook).
Lessons Assessment response must be quick and easy in order to conduct formative assessments. Access it from Notebook with one click.
Must be able to integrate student devices (Students can use their devices to engage with lessons, contribute ideas and answer questions).
b. Must be able to integrate MATH specific tools (Drag blocks into the lesson. You can choose from: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, exponents, square roots and the ‘unknown’ box. Students can come up to the display, write down numbers, and draw lines into the block to have it perform the calculation. For example, if they write 2 and 3 and draw lines into the addition box, a 5 will appear.
In the unknown box, students have to figure out what calculation was made. For example, if they drew a 14 and a 7, and 2 came up; they’d know it was a division box.
Record the current school lesson (Recorder allows you to record your lesson, so students can replay it to learn at their own pace, inside or outside the classroom).
d. Must be able to integrate BIOLOGY references (Drags block into the lesson. A student can choose from different biology topics like soil characteristics, unique properties of soil, soil color and soil structure)
e. Embed Youtube videos (Search YouTube directly within Notebook by opening the YouTube add-on. Once you find a video you want, add it to your lesson and resize it for your workspace)
f. embed internet browser (Add an Internet browser directly onto a Notebook page. You can interact with the webpage by drawing or writing over the content and drag and drop images from a webpage into your lesson.)
g. Must be able to integrate forensic science topics into the block, available on the search page in the internet.
Android app for Students/Professors
Specific Project Requirements:
1. Backend Web-Service (PHP, REST, XML, etc) that will handle all transactions.
2. Exam Module
- Professor can make exams on the app. Randomly assign questions on for each student.
- Have a master file for the correct answers.
- After the exams the professor could see the scores real time.
- During the exams there will be a timer, that can be viewed by the professor.
- App locked during the exam. No way to multitask during the examinations
- View all Quizzes and Exams.
3. Notes Module
- Have a notebook app. (add notes, screenshots, embed videos, draw)
- Submit notes/Share notes via SNS or link
4. Seatwork Module
- Ability for the professor to ask a poll or question.
- Have the results real time.
4. Class Module
- Record audio for a class. Locally available for every student.
- Present a Powerpoint from any device/s connected to an external hdmi output.
- Ability to draw over a powerpoint slide.
- Math Calculations on screen - Must be able to integrate MATH specific tools (Drag blocks into the lesson. You can choose from: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, exponents, square roots and the ‘unknown’ box. Students can come up to the display, write down numbers, and draw lines into the block to have it perform the calculation. For example, if they write 2 and 3 and draw lines into the addition box, a 5 will appear. In the unknown box, students have to figure out what calculation was made. For example, if they drew a 14 and a 7, and 2 came up; they’d know it was a division box.
Professor/Student can start a discussion. Which everyone in a room can join and interact with. Submit answers through text, or drawing. And it will show up on the professor’s display.